The 43rd RAFTA AGM, held at the RAF Club on Saturday 4 Nov 17, was a great success. The formal minutes should be available before Christmas. In the meantime, here are some key points from the meeting:
- Sqn Ldr Gaz Stevens was elected as the new Chairman; Wg Cdr Andy Mitchell will hand over to Gaz between Feb and May 18.
- Changes were made to the fee structure for both Individual and Club Membership (see Fees). The key thing to be aware of: to celebrate the RAF’s 100th birthday, Individual Life Membership of RAFTA will cost just one hundred pennies during calendar year 2018 (yes, that is just £1!!).
- A new approach to selecting RAFTA Projects was outlined, and the Project 2019 Invite Letter was released (see Project – General Info and Project 2019).
- A RAFTA social was announced for Sat 24 Feb 18 at the Services Cotswold Centre, Corsham (this would be combined with a Project 2019 selection workshop). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Two courses were announced for 2018: Stage Fighting (Corsham, 24-25 Mar 18) and Historic Dance (Corsham, 23-24 Jun 18).
- It was agreed to add a monologue category to OAPF 2018 (details to be refined). It was also agreed that, if RAFTA Club take-up for OAPF 2018 (Shrivenham, 25-27 May 18) was low, an invitation to participate would be extended to clubs from the Royal Navy Theatrical Association (RNTA). To inform this decision, RAFTA Clubs will be asked (prior to Christmas 2017) to express their intent to enter OAPF 2018.
That’s not an exhaustive list of everything discussed at AGM, but hopefully it covers the key points (other than a big thank you to everyone from the outgoing Chair, Wg Cdr Andy Mitchell).